Wednesday, March 24, 2010

My All-Time Favorite Emma Quotes

1. Brian was trying on his Ph.D. regalia, and anyone who has seen it knows it looks a little crazy. Emma goes up and says, "You're a tent. I be a tent, too?"

2. Brian was walking with her around Walmart, and Emma started sniffing the air like she smelled something. Brian looked at her, she looks at him and says "I smell balls"...horrified, he looked around to see if anyone had heard what she said, and in doing so, noticed one of those big racks of cheap latex balls with that nasty acrylic smell that everyone remembers from childhood. So, she really did smell balls. Go figure...

3. When we brought Charlotte home from the hospital, I was nursing in the living room. Emma came over and asked "What are you doing, Mommy?" I told her that I was feeding Charlotte, and without missing a beat and with a HORRIFIED look on her face, she exclaimed, "Charlotte eats BOOB?!"

4. Once Emma got used to the idea of how Mommy feeds Charlotte, she decided she wanted to be able to help. One day as I nursed the baby, Em came over, pulled up her shirt, grabbed her chest and said "I need to feed Charlotte from my boob."

5. Emma was feeling a little gassy before bed one night, so I told her to lay on her tummy and it would feel better. Brian used to get the girls ready in the morning because I had to get to work early, and when she got up the next morning, she looked at him and said "My big girl bed helped the fart out, Daddy."

6. This morning, she went up to Daddy and said "My diaper's wet. It's like a swing at the park!", then proceeded to move her hips to make the diaper swing between her legs. Where does she come up with this stuff?!

7. I painted Em's nails and we were driving in the car when she says "I want to suck on my fingers, but you painted my nails. I GUESS I won't suck my fingers... ahhh", like she was being some sort of martyr.

8. She pulled a pair of my shoes out of my closet, put them on, and then proceeds to tell me "Mommy, your shoes are so STYLISH!!"

9. We were watching Star Wars IV on tv and it was the dramatic part where Darth Vader fights Obi Wan Kenobi. Her comment? "Oh No! We need to help the robot get the crazy man! They're playing with their wands!"

10. We were renting a movie from the RedBox at the grocery store, and there was a lottery machine that Em was pushing the buttons on right next to it. When the movie came out, Em grabbed it and said "I won, I won!!"

11. This morning, I'm laying on the couch, and Em runs over, gets in my face and says "I'm hungry!". So, I ask her what she wants to eat for breakfast. Without skipping a beat, she throws her hand over her nose and yells "EWW, Mommy! Your breath is STINKY!"

12. "Charlotte! No, baby..." She wants to be a little mommy so bad!

13. Conversation while I changed Drew's diaper: "Mommy, what's coming out of Drew's bum?" "Well, Honey, he just pooped." "No, THAT!" "Oh, well, those are his boy parts." Confused look and long stare. "Okay..."

14. I gave her a sip of Brian's diet coke while we were at the mall and she thought we called it "Diarrhea coke"...as we're walking, she yells at the top of her lungs "I want more diarrhea coke!". Seriously, people must have been wondering what kind of parents we are!

3 comments:

  1. Hilarious! Emma has such a personality!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! It was so nice to visit with you guys today. Love your family :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was great seeing you guys, too :) Thanks again for dinner - it was AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete